How would my loved one benefit most from joining the Kensington Gardens family?
- We offer a uniquely personalized model of luxury senior care in an intimate, home-style setting. Our passion for excellence ensures the highest quality of continuing care and loveliest senior accommodations anywhere in the Puget Sound region.
- In addition to meeting our residents’ essential needs and medical requirements through a wide array of custom nursing options, we’re compassionately devoted to the treasured details of their lives and personal stories. Countless facilities provide the one size fits all basics of senior care. Our uniquely tailored plans of care at Kensington Gardens address individual residents’ emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs. Each member of our family knows—from day one through end of life—they’re loved and matter deeply.
How much does Kensington Gardens Estate Senior Living cost?
- We encourage you to compare our rates with those of other senior care facilities. Our lovely private rooms start at $4,900 monthly—half the cost of nursing homes in Gig Harbor WA!
- A Financial Advisor or Attorney specializing in Elder Law are both excellent resources in helping you make the necessary arrangements (like financial and estate planning, trusts and asset protection, and/or a possible reverse home mortgage, etc.) to finance your loved one’s care.
What form of payment do you accept? Medicaid? Medicare? Private Pay? Long-Term Care Insurance?
- We are a Private Pay facility. We’re also happy to work with your Long-Term Care insurance provider to help facilitate the financial reimbursements as outlined in your policy.
Do you accept residents suffering from advanced dementia or Alzheimer’s disease?
- We do not have a designated Alzheimer's or dementia unit specifically designed and secured to accommodate the special needs of those with severe cognitive impairment.
What if my loved one isn’t quite ready to make the move?
- We understand the physical and emotional challenges of such a major transition. If you feel that Kensington Gardens will ultimately best meet your loved one’s needs, consider placing them on our Wait List. Your fully refundable deposit will ensure they have priority for placement in one of our Skilled Assisted Care residences when the time is right.
Can you recommend some helpful print resources?
- Chittister, Joan. The Gift of Years: Growing Older Gracefully. New York: Blue Bridge Books, 2010.
- Hogan, Paul and Lori. Stages of Senior Care: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Making the Best Decisions.
- New York: McGraw-Hill, 2010.
- Morris, Virginia. How to Care for Aging Parents: A One-Stop Resource for All Your Medical, Financial,
- Housing, and Emotional Issues. 3rd Ed. New York: Workman Publishing, 2014.